The Sensing Motion Bike Light
When riding a bicycle at the dark night, it is necessary to equip a bike light to avoid riding in the mud, falling into a hole, and hitting an animal.
However, while a cyclist makes a left corner at enough speed, the conventional bike light on the handlebar barely turn, so it can barely brighten the upcoming left side road.
Polestar is a lighting device which solves the above issue. It senses the acceleration, determines the direction the bike turned to, and brightens the upcoming road.
In addition, Polestar also provides these functions:
- lighting up the rear light while braking, and
- automatically turning on the light when riding into tunnel or in the dark.
- Microcontroller: Atmega168
- 3-axis accelerometer MMA7455
- Light sensor: Photoresistance
- CREE Q5 LED
- Laser cut shell
- Rear brake light
Hao-Kai Wen, Meng-Chu Ke, Hao-Yuan Chou, Chun-Yang Lu